1. drink water leading up to the big day – as much as you can stand!
2. use sunblock religiously prior to your wedding (and always, right?) to avoid funny tan lines on your wedding day
3. wear a button down shirt as you get ready for your day … easier to take that off after your hair and makeup is ready than a shirt you have to lift over your head.
4. say “yes” to a professional makeup artist and hair stylist who specialize in weddings. Professional artists make a big difference on your wedding day. Arranging to have these artists come to you will be much more relaxing than coordinating transportation to and from a salon.
5. have a trial run with your makeup artist and hair stylist before your big day. Arrive to your trial appointments with your hair and makeup as you usually wear them. This will give the artists an idea of what your “every day” look is – the look we all love – and how to bump it to the next level – the wedding day awesome level. Even if you decide not to go with a professional makeup artist, it’s still worth doing a trial run.
6. keep makeup simple and classic. You want to look back at these images in 20 years, 50 years, and see how gorgeous you were – not be distracted by trendy makeup.
7. two words: waterproof mascara. I’m not saying you’ll cry … but you might and it’s a long day where you want make up to stay in tip-top shape the whole time.
8. remember to touch up throughout the day: right before you walk down the aisle, right after the ceremony, right before the reception starts
9. smile! This is likely the day you will be photographed the most in your entire life, assume that someone is taking a picture of you at any time (we’re not the only ones holding cameras on your big day 😉 )
10. relax. In the end, it’s your day – the good, the hiccups, and the rain. It’s what makes your day YOURS and unforgettable.
Anything else we should add to this list?